The Canton Station was started in 1943 by returning servicemen and is housed at 14 Canton Springs road. 20 dedicated men who saw the need to provide fire protection in the eastern part of town started the department. The only fire protection before this time came from the Collins Company fire brigade located in the Collins Company complex. They built their own truck and two years later helped their neighbors to the north form the North Canton Fire department. The building on Canton Springs road has undergone many changes over the years, currently the home to Ladder 2 and Engine 1. The Canton Fire Company holds the annual Lobsterfest as a fundraiser. The money raised goes to pay for mortgage of the building as well as supporting the firefighters assigned to Canton station. The building was built independently of town funds. The little league of Canton uses the field during the summer and the Annual Sam Collins day is also held on the field.
The Lobsterfest annual fundraising is sponsored by the Canton CT Volunteer Fire Association.