Patch – Fire at Laundromat Contained to Dryer

By | January 10, 2014

Canton Patch, John Fitts – A fire broke out in a dryer at Canton Laundromat Friday night but fortunately did not spread beyond the unit, officials said.

The town of Canton Volunteer Fire and EMS Department responded quickly to the scene at approximately 7:30 p.m. Friday after someone reported smoke in the Canton Village business, officials said.

The fire was caused by a dryer malfunction and did not spread beyond the unit, said Canton Fire Marshal Adam Libros, who was called to the scene to investigate.